When the summer heat is getting to you try this refreshing cocktail for a quick cool down.
roughly 10 sprigs of fresh mint, 30-40 leaves
6 large slices of watermelon
9 ounces of rum*
1/2 cup simple syrup
juice of 3 limes
watermelon spears and sprigs of mint for garnishing
Any Koala Mint tincture ( 1-2 droppers per glass)
*For virgin drinks omit rum or substitute a few drops artificial rum flavor or a splash of pineapple juice with a drop of almond extract
1. Chop the watermelon into large chunks, and remove any large seeds and the rind.
2. Puree the fruit in a food processor until smooth.
3. Use a mortar and pestle to mash your mint leaves.
4. Combine the mashed mint, rum, simple syrup, 2 cups of the pureed watermelon, the lime juice, and stir to combine.
5. Fill glasses with ice cubes add mint tincture, and pour mojito mixture over. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a spear of watermelon in each glass. Enjoy!